JOIN THE UH125 FESTIVITIES IN TROLLEY BARN PARK
University Heights is celebrating its 1888 beginnings in and around Trolly Barn Park on August 10th from 9 am – 4 pm with a series of fun-filled community events, raffles, music and other activities. Special thanks to Council President Todd Gloria for agreeing to be our Honorary Chair and sponsor for this milestone anniversary bash.
Celebrating the Victorian times through today, activities for all ages will include:
• Walk/Bike Tour of historical sites and homes near to the park. Our appreciation goes to SOHO for their invaluable assistance.
• Trolley-like bus touring the community guided by a costumed and engaging docent.
• 1935 replica trolley car alongside the park brought by the SD Electric Railway Association.
• The Dragon Dance provided by the Buddhist Temple members.
• Period costumed greeters. Thanks to the SD Costume Guild.
• Drawings and essays from local students from Birney Elementary. Thanks to the teachers, parents and students for participating.
• Walk-about characters from the Sophia Isadora Academy of Circus Arts.
• Bike scavenger hunt.
• Music by local musicians.
• Fun & trendy merchandise like hats, t-shirts and hand fans.
• And much more! Don’t miss it!